Thursday, October 18, 2012

Leaving the Doctor's Office

When I left the doctor's office, I was scared, upset and most of all bitterly angry at myself for letting things get so out of hand. I was diagnosed with type II Diabetes and was put on Meformin.  I knew right then that I was going to turn things around, not starting tomorrow, but that very day. Both of my parents died fairly young, my dad from complication of diabetes, and mom, who battled heart diseases for many years, from cancer. I had to do this, no turning back, if not for myself, but for my wife and kids. First, I cried when I had to explained everything to my wife, then I sought knowledge, and started on a road to a healthy life. I really hope that some of my ideas and experiences can be helpful to you, even if just a little, or to know that we're not alone.

I look forward to sharing my first steps next time.

Thanks for listening, Don T.

No comments:

Post a Comment